This delicious sweet onion salsa will jazz up Mahi or any fish on your menu tonight.
Video © Copyright, FixMyRecipe.com, used with permission.
Sweet Onions with Pork Chops and Glazed Apples
- 3 pork chops boneless
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp thyme crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 cup sweet onion sliced, about 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 large apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat porkchops with flour. Rub thyme right into the top and bottom. Sear in 1 tbsp oil until nicely browned.
- Place chops in 350-degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- In a small deep skillet, melt about half of the butter. Add thinly sliced onion. Sauté about 5 minutes, over medium-low heat until onion is yellowed and tender.
- Dip apple slices in lemon juice, then add apple slices and remaining butter to the skillet. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until apples are yellowing and tender.
- Add maple syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Continue cooking until bubbling, tender and golden brown.
- Plate chops and cover with sweet onion apple sauce.