This sweet onion salpicon will make salmon jump in your boat, just to be served with it.
Video © Copyright, FixMyRecipe.com, used with permission.
Sweet Onion Salpicon with Seared Salmon
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra to coat
- 2 mangos
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 4 tbsp cilantro
- 2 oz canola oil
- 2 oz white truffle oil
- 2 8-oz salmon filiets
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- De-gill and coat the mushrooms in olive oil. Place on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare all vegetables and fruits accordingly and place in a large bowl.
- When mushrooms are done, dice and add to the vegetable mixture.
- Add in oils, juices, herbs to vegetable mixture and adjust seasonings. Set Aside to cool.
- In a hot skillet with 1 TBS of olive oil sear off your salt and pepper seasoned salmon until desired temperature.
- Ffinishing in the oven on 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Serve Salmon over cool sweet onion salpicon salsa. Enjoy!