These extraordinary scallops will have everyone raving for more.
Video © Copyright, FixMyRecipe.com & Sweet Onion Trading Co., all rights reserved
Curry Marinated Scallops with White Rice and Cucumber Salad
- 1 1/2 lb sea scallops raw, jumbo
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2-3 cucumbers
- 1 medium sweet onions
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven broiler or outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- Rinse fresh scallops with cold water, and pat dry with paper towel.
- Arrange scallops on skewers on a plate and then brush them with sauce.
- Cook scallops about 4 inches from broiler element or grill heat source, for 6-8 min. or until lightly browned. Turn over, brush with more sauce and cook about 6-8 min. longer.
- Cook white rice according to directions.
- In a small saucepan combine honey, mustard, curry powder and lemon juice. Simmer for about 5 minutes to blend flavors. Cool sauce.
- Wash and slice 2-3 cucumbers and place in a bowl. Add thin-sliced, sweet onion, a pinch of sugar, salt and black pepper. Add ¼ cup vinegar, 2 Tbsp water and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Cover and chill 1 hour.